Sunday, April 30, 2006

Round two?

We should start thinking about when we want to do some round-two planting. We went to Prairie Gardens to buy some stuff for our backyard garden yesterday and ended up getting some more tomato plants for the Parkland plot too, b/c we wanted to make sure not to wait too long -- plus we liked the idea of buying them small (read - "cheaper"), repotting, and then planting them later. I am gonna be travelling a lot in June, and planbreaker may have end of semester grading plus some of the same travels -- that said, I could do some planting on the morning of the 7th and/or the 13th. I think 2 half-days might be just about all we need to do, if we get a few people out. I could also do some evening stuff the week between the 7th-13th. What does everyone think?

By the way, M. was out at the garden the other day and said things were looking pretty good.

3 comments:

hungrygirl said...

All of those times work for me. I'm pretty flexible in the coming weeks.

m

cesar said...

I'm pretty flexible as well although I'm pretty busy and probably wouldn't be able to commit to more than a half day at a time...what about the tilling /weed issue? We haven't really discussed the idea of bighting the bullet and tilling the second half. As much as I like the idea of holding true to our original plan, those weeds were monsters and I imagine they are only developing deeper roots...

planbreaker said...

I'm definitely up for some gardening time but I'm out for Sunday b/c I need to bake a cake for baby shower (another one). I think df is planning on going out anyway. I might head out there tomorrow or Monday and then another time next week or next Saturday. df and I leave for a long time on the 14th so I don't want to leave you guys with all the work...

as for the tiller, I'm open to whatever. the last time I was out there, the weeds seemed not as bad as I remembered but I don't have any broken ribs.